Required Documentation for Corporate Membership:
- Proof of General Liability Insurance
- Proof of Security License (in states that require it)
These two (2) documents can be uploaded during your membership application process or emailed to email@example.com to submit them later. Until those documents are received, your membership is not complete.
SPRA membership is open to individual security professionals and security companies who meet the following qualifications:
Individual Member - Education
Individual Applicants must have at least one of the following:
- A baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited college or university
- Eight years of direct, broad security experience
- One of the following certifications:
- Certified Protection Professional
- Physical Security Professional
- Certified Security Consultant℠
- Certified Information Security Systems Professionals
- Other certifications (accepted at the discretion of the Membership Committee)
Corporate Member - Security Industry Experience
Corporate Members should engage fully within the security industry:
- Security management
- Loss prevention or security training
- Information security
- Security equipment system technical design
- Evaluation, specification and integration
- Forensic consulting
- Sale or installation of any security equipment
- Skip tracing
- Repossession of property
- Providing undercover or bodyguard personnel
No SPRA Member may have been convicted of any felony or any crime involving moral turpitude, or engaged in any act which constitutes moral turpitude.
Must comply with the SPRA Code of Ethics
Members may sell books, manuals, computer programs, educational programs, videotapes, or similar training materials that they have authored or investigations that they have designed. Members are encouraged, but are not required to offer discounts to other SPRA Members. Contact us with the specifics of the discounts you have available to other SPRA members and consider providing the information presented on our Business Partners page.
¹ Nothing herein prohibits any member from complying with any law or regulation, by any governmental or regulatory body, which requires that consultants be licensed as Investigators or any other related license.
To become a member, complete the Membership Application.